When brokers and printers contract with other printers to bring their projects to fruition, there is a certain amount of trust that must be developed between the two. Sometimes, you have a previous relationship, and you know they’ll bring their A-game to your customers every time, but other times, that trust has to be built on the job. After all, every long term partnership starts with a first impression.
There are ways to tell if your printer partners can be trusted to put your client’s needs first, and consistently produce exceptional work on time and in-budget. The key is to do your homework ahead of time, and then work closely with the printer partner through the process. Watch for these signs you’ve chosen well:
- Impeccable reputation in the industry. Find out what others think of the printer you want to work with. Ask about integrity, reliability and quality. Our clients — often printers and brokers — jump at the chance to recommend us.
- Longevity. Consolidated Press has been continuously in operation for nearly eight decades in a highly competitive environment. If your printer partner is older than you are, they’re doing something — a lot of things — right.
- Collaborative spirit. Print brokers need seamless client-facing integration, from branded proofs to custom packing. Ask the printer to show you how they would communicate with the client on your behalf. Does it meet your standards?
- Speed. Let’s face it, your client wants their project yesterday, and every piece of it has to fit in your schedule. At Consolidated Press, our selection of equipment means your project is always on the most efficient press for the job, moving it to completion as quickly as possible.
- Quality control. The pieces of a large project need to fall together seamlessly. Mistakes cost time, money and worst of all, they can cost your reputation. CP offers an impeccable, documented, multi-step quality control process.
- Versatility. To create an effortless long term partnership, a printer needs to be able to provide multiple services and capabilities. CP offers several digital, sheet and web press options, so a reseller can return again and again with different kinds of projects for multiple clients — and get a top-quality product every time.
- Capacity. In our case, bigger is better. We have grown into one of the largest printers in the Pacific Northwest and our new parent company, KP Corp., has expanded and enhanced our capabilities in digital services, fulfillment and mailing.
Only trust the most reliable, ethical and reputable printer partners with your clients. Trust them to us. As you know, the pieces don’t just fall into place. At Consolidated Press, we plan projects with purpose.
Call or click today to start our valuable partnership in print.